Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Buy some Carbon Credits Babs!

So now I have a blogger account, and I guess I'd better use it. I just read over at BabsToBrisbane that some lady named Barbara Haddril is trying to get from Wales to Brisbane, some 10,000 miles, without having any global warming impact. So to do that she's travelling by train to london, then bus to moscow, then train to bejing, then train to shaghai, then boat to brisbane. All that effort, and I'm sure it has its own rewards, but really just go to Carbon Planet and buy carbon credits to offset your flight. And I'm not just saying that because I am the CEO of Carbon Planet either. heck, go buy carbon credits off any qualified retailer.

If the purpose of your trip is a grand adventure then what babara is gdoing should be great fun. Moscow is one of the world's great cities and the trans-mongolian is one of those train rides I've always wanted to take myself, but don't kid yourself that this is saving the planet.

Buying carbon credits channels funds directly from polluters to de-polluters. Cheers Dave

No comments: