I'm really not sure what the hell this is and who (apart from maybe me) would buy it. It's sort of like a noise, high-tech Matmos toy. Wikipedia describes it as:
a personal electronics device combining music functions with robotic dancing.which is a little dry perhaps for what must be one of the weirdest ideas ever. It's an MP3 player that, erm, dances. Not really portable, practical or even that pretty, one can't but help but wonder what the meeting was like when some senior Sony execs approved this. But it's kinda-cute and I bet my cat would like it. Actually scratch that, George the cat would ignore it and go sleep in a cupboard somewhere, as is his want.
The official website for it doesn't seem to work for me, but there's a fan site called Rolly.tv with lots of info except where to buy the bloody thing.
- 1GB internal flash-memory,
- Bluetooth 2.0 connectivity for receiving and streaming music,
- Editable dance moves via user programmable and pre-set software,
- Battery specifications:
- 3.7V 1560 mAh rechargeable battery
- Battery life: 5h music playback, 4.5h streaming music over Bluetooth, 4h of music and motion combined, and 3.5h for streaming music over Bluetooth with motion
- USB 2.0 conection for transferring music and charging the batteryge
- Supported audio formats: MP3, ATRAC, AAC up to 300+ kbps
- Dimensions and weight: 104×65×65mm, 300g
- Price: US $360 - $400 depending on retailer.
Update: Check it out there's an ad too!